Sunday, March 28, 2010

Coconut oil: a versatile product of nature

Hi everybody!
Here's the article I've promised to you since few days. I am really sorry for the delay; I've been having trouble with muscles pain.

Coconut oil has been consumed for thousands of years in tropical and subtropical area. Many cultures uses this oil in their life, as much for their hair and body (which is a very effective and inexpensive treatment to revitalize) as an oil for cooking. Studies has shown that peoples who consumed this oil are not touched that much by western diseases.

Here's a list of benefits of coconut oil.

Hair care:
Coconut oil is one of the best natural nutrition for hair. It helps in healthy growth of hair providing them a shinny complexion.


Stress relief:
Applying coconut oil to the head followed with a gentle massage helps in removing mental fatigue.


Skin care:
Coconut oil is a safe solution for preventing dryness and flaking of skin. It delays wrinkles and sagging of skin which normally become prominent with age. Coconut oil also helps in treating various skin problems including psoriasis, dermatitis, eczema and other skin infections.

Premature Aging:
Coconut oil helps in preventing premature aging and degenerative diseases due to its antioxidant properties.

Heart Diseases:
Coconut oil contains about 50% lauric acid, which helps in preventing various heart problems including high cholesterol levels and high blood pressure. The saturated fats present in coconut oil are not harmful as it happens in case of other vegetables oils. It does not lead to increase in LDL levels. It also reduces the incidence of injury in arteries.

Weight loss;
Cocont oil contains short and medium-chain fatty acids that help in taking off excessive weight. It is easy to digest and it helps in healthy functioning of the thyroid and enzymes systems.

Digestion:
The saturated fats present in coconut oil have anti microbial properties and help in dealing with various bacteria, fungi, parasites, etc., that cause indigestion. Coconut oil helps in absorption of other nutrients such as vitamins, minerals and amino acids.

Immunity:
Coconut oil strengthens the immune system as it contains antimicrobial lipids, lauric acid, capric acid and caprylic acid which have antifungal, antibacterial and antiviral properties.

Healing:
When applied on infections, it forms a chemical layer which protects the infected body part from external dust, air, fungi, bacteria and virus. Coconut oil is most effective on bruises as it speeds up the healing process by repairing damaged tissues.

Infections:
coconut oil kills viruses that cause influenza, measles, hepatitis, herpes, SARS, etc. It also kills bacteria that cause ulcers, throat infections, urinary tract infections, pneumonia, and gonorrhea, etc. Coconut oil is also effective on fungi and yeast that cause candidiasis, ringworm, athlete's foot, thrush, diaper rash, etc.


I invite you to also investigate on the benefits of coconut oil on diabetes, bones, dental care and HIV and cancer.


Tomorrow, I will begin (once again) my juice feasting; I will try not to have any high expectations.
I also know that I am leaving to see my family on thursday and I know I will do the Master cleanse once in the family (I don't plan to bring my Hurom juicer; that's heavy ;)).

I didn't sleep very much last night so I feel different kind of pain because of fibromyalgia. Yeah!

Which me luck for tomorrow (maybe I should eat chocolate tonight before Easter comes).

Take care, sexy!

Karine

No comments:

Post a Comment