Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Betty poo! (how to juice feast with success)

Hi everybody!

I will disappoint many peoples.
Yesterday, all day I was still having nausea and I couldn't drink any juice anymore. I was having an overdose of sugar.

So since I am not a liar, I will be honest, I ate something. Not that I am feeling better now. But I just wonder if I can do a 30 days juice fast. How do these peoples could have done 92 days, I have no idea.... Maybe I need diversity but organic food is so expensive and not always available in a cold country (I am living in Quebec province). So I've chosen to juice orange, pineapple, grapefruit and kiwi not organic to lower my weekly grocery bills. (I am not really rich - not yet ;) )

So what should I do? In the morning, I've decided to give it a try again for few days. Obviously, I will turn to raw food after this fast so I won't stop to eat healthy. I am not gonna go back to a standard American diet (SAD).

What I will do for sure, I will juice 250 ml less and add 250 ml of water to softer the taste of juice. I will also juice with fruits that are less sweet (if it's possible!).

So this morning, I've juiced without fruit and I didn't get the nausea. That was not really appealing to drink it in the morning but that's okay for today.

I've drink:
- half a head of celery;
- 4 carrots;
- 1 head of romaine lettuce.

I've added 200 ml of distilled water.

Today, I have a question for you. Why do we associate food to celebration?
Yesterday, I got a good new and I wanted to celebrate it. I was really in the mood to eat something but I was feeling guilty just to think about the idea of breaking the fast.

Since I was too nausea and I was not able to look at juice anymore, I succumb to the temptation.
Even today, I question the juice fast. Don't know why.

Let's see today If i can do it.
Don't misunderstand me. I really agree that a juice feast is good for health. I just question If I can do it NOW.

Tell me your opinion.
Maybe, the secret for a juice feasting with success is to cheat and eat when our body requires it. :))

Karine

No comments:

Post a Comment