Friday, April 9, 2010

Salt water flush (or colon cleansing)


Hi folks and sorry about this long period without posting. I've been having some personal issues and had to go away from the computer.

Sorry about that.
I am starting (once again, I know) the juice feast and I hope this time I'll get more organized if anything happen.

To answer to Rawfooddreal people, Salt water flush is a natural colon cleansing solution. The equivalent is a colon hydrotherapy, or even an enema. It is is as much as efficient than any of the other solutions.

Try this:
- One quart of distilled water or coming from a source;
- one to 2 tablespoons of sea salt non iodized (very important).

Don't plan an appointment after 30 minutes doing this. Your body should react within the first hour and it is not unusual to have 4 to 6 bowels movements the first days you try this. I do the salt water flush because I don't like enema. My advise is to start doing this when you know you have 2 or 3 days off in a row. Plan ahead! :)

Today, I want to talk about motivation. I find out it's very easy to slip out the concept of juice feasting. Summer is coming and I can hear you complaining about the problem of juicing when you plan to do many activities weeks ahead.

First of all, how would you convince peoples that juice feasting is good for you if you are not convinced yourself why you do this? Establish a list of reasons why you do it. Do you cleanse to lose weight? To gain clarity? Energy? To recover from illness? To cleanse years of
toxins?

Also, if you lose motivation because of time, think about it for a second: if you plan vacations months ahead, it's should be easy to find solutions to plan your juice feasting program to be a success.

Juice your fruits and vegetables in the morning, before leaving the house. Juicing one gallon should take one to one hour and a half. You'll find out that you'll have more time since you don't have to cook meals (well, I am single. lol I understand if you have a family to take care of but since you gain time for eating yourself, at least, on lunch time, you can do more).

Also, you'll get more energy after few weeks on juice feasting (once the detox symptoms are less extreme).

Is money an issue for motivation to juice feasting? Don't expect to buy all organic food. Focus on organic vegetables and get non organic fruits than are not so expensive such as orange, grapefruits, pineapple, mango, watermelon (unless it's organic, try not to juice the green part, even though it's a good part to juice). Look for bulk buy if you can or like me, find a place that reduce the price of the fruits when they reach their maturity. Instead of losing the food, the supermarket lower the price to sell them fast. Of course, when you want to juice a variety of fruits and vegetables, the budget can easily go to 100$ per week for only one person when you live in a place where fruits are not in season (such as Quebec, lol which is not a place to grow citrus fruits). My budget is around CAN 70$ per week but I think it's worth the money when I considered I have fibromyalgia and juice feasting is a solution for me to release toxins.

So what is your motivation to juice feast?

Good night, sexy!

No comments:

Post a Comment