Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Italian bread recipe - raw food

Hi everybody!
Today I'm trying to make a "bread" to make me feel more normal (in a way) for busy days when I don't have time to be in the kitchen for more than 15 minutes. I just then need to let it "cook" for 4 to 6 hours. For those who don't have a dehydrator (such as me), just leave the temperature of the oven to the minimum and let the door a bit opened.

* 1 cup ground flax seeds
* 1/3 c whole flax seeds (that I've soaked them over night - you'll find them in the morning looking like gel)
* 1/2 t sea salt
* 1 clove garlic
* 2 Tablespoons onion, chopped
* 1/2 c of dehydrated tomatoes soaked in 1 1/3 c of spring water that you will also add.
* 1/4 c hemp seeds
* Italian spices to your taste (basil, coriander or oregano).

Directions:
Mix ground and whole flax, salt, garlic, onion and the water from soaked dehydrated tomatoes. Then, add the dehydrated tomatoes and hemp seeds and mix well. You can mix with only a spoon and it will be fine. No food processor needed.

Put in the dehydrator for 4 to 6 hours, depending how crispy you like the bread.

It's a variant of an old recipe I am trying today. I am expecting to eat sandwich tonight! :) I cannot eat regular bread (because of gluten - with fibromyalgia, I find out it gives me muscles pain).

Store in the fridge.

No comments:

Post a Comment